Fuller Youth Institute released this article, and I wanted to share because it deals with rites of passage in a faith community. The article is mislabeled as most of the content deals with addressing milestones and spirituality within a church or spiritual community.
I believe that the article does a great job of pointing out spiritual milestones or rites of passages for children as they grow into adults.
My Highlights include:
- Whether rites of passage or milestones, church communities have unique opportunities to intersect families at these various points and equip them to normalize spiritual conversations within their home life.
- Our desire is for spiritual conversations in the family ecofriendly-minivan to be as normal as the conversations about basketball or the latest Disney hit.
- Chart of Rites of Passages and Questions that they answer.
If you are new to the discussion of rites of passages in faith development, here are some additional resources.
- The loss of Rites of Passage in Western Society
- Making Your Child’s Graduation Meaningful
- Solid Ideas for Creating Rites of Passages for Students