Getting everyone on the same page is important before launching a ministry for emerging adults. If you are responsible for launching a ministry to emerging adults, you must know how the effectiveness of the ministry will be measured.
Getting everyone in leadership on the same page is important before launching a ministry for emerging adults. If you are responsible for launching a ministry to EA’s, you musts know how the effectiveness of your ministry will be measured.
These question are designed to start discussions among your leadership team around the topic of ministering to emerging adults. I would have the leadership team first answer the questions, and then discuss questions as a team. Edit the questions as needed – certain questions may be more important to one community than to others.
1. What resources do we currently allocate to emerging adults?
2. Who in our congregation is currently affected by emerging adults?
3. How do you see emerging adults taking a role in our community?
4. Name specific ways in which you are supportive of emerging adults.
5. How do you feel that the leadership team is supportive of emerging adults?
6. What do you believe to be the greatest needs of today’s emerging adults?
7. How can you envision our community meeting the needs of emerging adults?
8. What do you think emerging adults believe about our church?
9. What service and leadership opportunities are open to emerging adults?
10. How could we promote to emerging adults that they are wanted, respected, and loved?
11. How can we better utilize the emerging adults in our community?
12. What barriers do emerging adults face when they attend our church?
Please check out my additional resources:
Dr. G. David Boyd is the Managing Director of EA Resources, a nonprofit designed to equip parents and church to minister to emerging adults. If Dr. Boyd can help your community, please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.